Steve Ballmer (CEO) and Robbie Bach (President of the Devices & Entertainment division) shared the keynote and CES. They talked about what Microsoft did in 2009 and what Microsoft will do in 2010. I live-tweeted the session and my raw tweets are included below. In addition, I’m including some of the big messages I heard in the keynote.
The biggest messages I heard in Microsoft’s vision and plans for 2010 are:
- PCs will come in all shapes and sizes- including slates; there will be something for everyone.
- The Cloud will be combined with software on the PC.
- Adding the PC Experience to anything makes it better. (e.g., watching TV or playing games)
- Xbox live will broaden its market to have something for everyone.
- Xbox live will let you play games with Natural User Interfaces. Project Natal will be available for the 2010 holiday season.
Continue reading »